Originally Posted By: Revlgking
GOD, "is just Being, not a Being."

Now one can resent thinking of GOD as Being. Or--and I would say at great cost and sense of well being--one can even refuse to think about living in GOD, and in the Now, at all. But it is logically impossible to lose, or avoid, Being, the infinity of space and the eternity of time, the eternal NOW--anything less than this is not GOD, it is a soma product of the egoic mind (Tolle), the psyche, the ego. One is free to stay on the mind/body level, but, IMO, that would be like a caterpillar choosing not to become a butterfly.

Yes, it is true that there are whole classes of people, like the Amish, who refuse to live in the 21st Century, but they cannot logically say there is no 21st C for those of us who choose to live in it.

6 billion people live in the now without recognizing it and taking that ignorance all the way to the grave without consciously experiencing it.
Tolle himself was near suicide in the now before awakening to the now in experience.
Not everyone of course need dive so low before awakening to it, and usually if one is immersed in the pleasantries of the world of instant gratification, it is rather easy to ignore it in favor of feeding the addictions of the senses and beliefs
Simply hearing about the now or talking about the now does not bring the awareness into the now.
God does not will one to experience the now, nor does God have any investment in humanity living in the now, because from the point of reference of the now, no thing is ever out of place.
A child strangles his mother in the now.
A man commits suicide in the now.
From the now these are all illusions, plays created on a stage, where the eternal soul acts out a story line and goes home when its all over.

Being in the now is to live in spirit, to be in the world but not of the world. This is what frees the mind and body from the illusions of sickness and death, and makes all things possible.

6 billion people live in the now just like you Rev. They can talk about it, imagine it, and all while they go to war, to work, and to the grave....With judgments and attachments to the relative world intact.

It's one thing to talk about the Truth and another to Experience it.

Sin is identifying ignorance as innocence.
Being born again is to take the awareness into the now and to be something other than the body and its attachments to life and even death.

Until such a time as the awakening to the now, God is being as if patiently waiting to connect with the soul should it decide to come around to its true nature to take its rightful position as creator instead of victim to nature.

Such is the nature of things.
Natural law of free will allows for one to make the choice for ignorance or enlightenment.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!