Originally Posted By: Ellis
"But TT- what if enlightenment does not lead to the absolute/god..."
Ellis, I presume by now you know that I do not teach, or preach doctrines, or dogma--revealed or otherwise--which I want to impose on myself, or others.

I say this because I agree with Socrates: We really know so very little about anything. If we--I say "we" because I am agnostic about so many things, including religion--could get all agnostics to be truly sincere, humble, loving and curious enough to come together and form THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE HOLY AGNOSTICS--Atheists welcome, it would be the largest religion in the history of humane-ity.

Of course I say, and write, what I sincerely believe to be true; but, at this point there are only a few things--physical, mental and spiritual "things"--which I hold to be, self evidently, The Truth. One of them is that I am in the mystery of NOW, now--not a minute ago; not a minute from now, but now.

USING THE SOCRATIC METHOD, DIALOGUE, LETS YOU AND I DIALOGUE ABOUT THIS FOR A FEW POSTS.
=======================================================
First, when we use important words and ideas we need to be clear that we understand one another. If we cannot be clear about what we mean, it is pointless to go any further until we do understand one another. Therefore, let us be willing to dialogue until we do. If we cannot do this, let us agree to halt the dialogue and continue to offer mutual respect.

Then, second, without the intention of failing, losing out--or copping out--we will be ready to see if we can find some kind of common ground and understanding about what we mean when we say: This is what I believe to be true. Surely death, debt and taxes are not the only certainties! smile
As you said:
(NB Rev. Arguments are parts of discussions and dialogue.)