Originally Posted By: Revlgking
Quote:
Rev: The answer is nothing.
Oddly enough, I agree with you. IMO, GOD is no-thing. So does Eckhart Tolle. This why Orthodox Jews write 'G-d', to avoid thinking of god as a thing, an object, mental image, or an idol, in the mind (psyche). Non-theistic religions, like Buddhism, feel the same way.
Your twisting her answer to make something (no-thing) out of nothing.

It might be a good time to explain what no-thing is and how it relates to your credo.
Quote:
I use the symbol, GØD, to refer to the entire physical COSMOS and beyond. GØD encompasses and interpenetrates all "things"--physical, mental and spiritual.
So that No-Thing can be something like the entire physical cosmos and how it can also interpenetrate all things physical as no-thing.
By the way Tolle borrowed the word "No-thing" from the teachings of Advaita Vedanta, which was like putting a retread on an old but good tire.

Also Buddhists do speak of God, actually in the same way Jesus and Buddha spoke of God. Neither of them really advocated the use of symbols to ward off bad or twisted thoughts.
What they did teach is the direct experience of God so that one might keep their focus on what was real rather than to create superstitious icons to prevent the evil thoughts from entering the mind.
The direct experience of No-thing was a reflection of something so impossible to contain that is does not come packaged in form but it does resonate with the awareness in the human nervous system which is sufficiently flexible to penetrate the veil between the physical and spiritual worlds.

So in fact no-thing is not a nothing, and the experience of nothing is not the experience of no-thing as Tolle speaks of it.
I wouldn't be doing any celebration dances yet Rev. There is still much to learn in the actual experience of No-Thing.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!