Samwik

As you know the melting ice in icebergs and ice shelves will
actually cause sea levels to drop , it is the ice that melts
on ground that will cause any sea level rise , we havent experienced a large amount of that type of melting that hasnt been matched by melting ice bergs and ice shelves.

it is when there are no more icebergs and ice shelves left
that we really need to think about , I think that if we were to find a "white reflective" material that we could deliver from the air in aircraft we could offset the meling...

I have seen where some are trying to cover the artic with a reflective material and in their test it went very well but the cost and time for completion of a small area would prove
to make covering the entire artic much to costly and just out of the question.

as for emotions I believe that is the norm in this world , that is what gets things moving in the general public.

like the polar bear picture , if you would have posted a picture of just the ice that the polar bear is resting on , there would have been no emotions stirred up...

humans have emotions and emotions drive us to do things basically.

I would agree that this year water vapor restricted much of the suns influence on melting , but as the earth warms and the seasons change accordingly this will produce more and more ice melt due to longer summers and shorter winters.

I wouldnt worry too much about your $20.00 bet.

I might even say your bet could be payable in less time if there are any methane contributors in the picture !!!

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.