Originally Posted By: Revlgking
TT,
Quote:
Just a thought, but if the presence is all around you, in you and through you always, and you have not seen, felt or been aware of it.
Question regarding this sentence: Did you leave it incomplete for a good reason?

It was complete and complemented when I added the questions What would you look for by inventing an action such as self prescribed meditation? What would you tune into if you knew not what it is that was missing from your daily experience?

TT,
Quote:
What would you look for by inventing an action such as self prescribed meditation?
Is this a rhetorical question? If it is rhetorical, are you trying to persuade readers that you have evidence of an occult truth--one known only to you?

No not rhetorical, and I'm not trying to persuade anyone to believe in illusions by making something up. That is the point of the dialogue. If you aren't in touch with something you want to be connected to then it stands to reason, thinking about it does not make it so.
So in light of common sense, the question becomes revelatory when confronted honestly.
TT,
Quote:

BTW, because they tend to put people on the defensive, I try to avoid asking rhetorical questions. Because I find it difficult to know what the proposer has in mind, I also try to avoid answering them. Without claiming that I have The Truth I prefer to dialogue and learn from others about the nature and art of meditation.

Then you won't mind answering the question if it is not rhetorical and you won't need to be on the defensive unless you have something to defend.
By the way Truth needs no defense.

TT,
Quote:
What would you tune into if you knew not what it is that was missing from your daily experience?
I have no idea what you have in mind. What do you have in mind? Are we having a dialogue, here? Or, is it a debate? My main interest is in dialogue.
Obviously from the subjective, dialogue becomes a definition to use as an excuse to control the direction of a topic if one decides they are uncomfortable with direct communication, especially if the topic is over ones head.
I think the question was simple enough and on topic when it refers to philosophy, religion and their mechanical support, (in this case meditation or prayer).
If you don't know how to answer the question or if you can't then say so. If you feel threatened by it then I can see where you would use the dialogue routine to avoid it. That would be the political use of the word and would also reveal the most common trait of religious dogma.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!