POVERTY-MINDED PEOPLE CAN INCLUDE THE RICH, POWERFUL AND ESPECIALLY THE GREEDY. (A revisions of my last paragraph):
=========================================================
Of course the WHOLE community--including governments, businesses and charities--has to play a role in dealing with poverty-mindedness is all people--and I am not just talking about the somatological (physically) poor. Many of the rich and powerful are psychologically and pneumatologically poor.

We need to challenge, and inspire, all poverty-minded people--the mentally handicapped and under-age children (as pneuma beings, they will learn in their own way)--to get involved and be part of the solution, not the problem. Unless we do, nothing will change.
==================
NOTE: I just read a front page story in the local paper for Thornhill, where I live: TOWN HALL ON POVERTY GIVES YOU A VOICE.
Thornhill, just north of Toronto, is part of the very prosperous York Region. Some of the wealthiest people in the world live here. For, example, Frank Stronach, founder and president of Magna Corp. The article points out that in 2001 about 75,000 lived in poverty. The figure rose to 125,000 in 2006--a 55% increase. "York region is a tough spot to be poor", said the author. I presume he meant that being left out of it all made poverty feel all the worse.