Originally Posted By: Revlgking
When I chose to be prosperous, I became prosperous. The most important thing I can do for others is to encourage them to make the same choice. If I need their services, I will pay for it at an mutually agreed on rate. But I resist the temptation to give them something for nothing...This may seem cruel, but IMO, the poor are poor because they simply do not will to be otherwise and prosperous. It is up to me--and I was born in very poor circumstances--to help others make the discovery that "Where there is a will, there is a way."

When I decided (willed) to be educated and prosperous, it happened.

Yes, it does seem cruel, in much the same way as karma may be interpreted as cruel. Let's remember that however poor you may have been, there were circumstances that allowed the possibility of your subsequent education and prosperity. You had the good fortune to be born with an efficient brain, and your environment offered opportunity to those able to take the bull by the horns. There are perhaps many, many millions of people around the world for whom that is not the case.

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once" - John Wheeler