Yes thats a point I left out of my post, methane would explode when sucked into a jet engine. Futhermore, it will cause propeller engines to shut down, allthough I dont remember why. And no, acording to the coast guard the so called "Bermuda Triangle" is no more fatal then any other heavily traversed area of sea, and has not that many more dissapearances. I think its more of the nature of these dissapearances that has made it famous, as there are a number of stories of ships and planes "Vanishing", which can be explained by this theory. They tested it using a model ship in a water tank, and the ship was brought under in a matter of seconds. To any other nearby ships, and only if they could not see the ship clearly due to fog or a storm (As so many Triangle stories are set in), It would easily appear that the ship "Vanished." They would not find wreckage from the ship (Again in accordance with many a Triangle tale), as so might start beliving in the "Supernatural" properties of the area, when it is no more supernatural than someone passing gas.

"The first Human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." -Sigmund Freud