Originally Posted By: Tutor Turtle
Since God will not be contained in any image, it is only reflected in the images of creation.

So often people speak of God being "in" everything, which might seem to conflict with the above statement; but this is reconciled by realizing that the four dimensional world that we perceive is an artifact -the illusion, Maya- of a more fundamental process, ...IMHO.

Originally Posted By: Tutor Turtle
....speaking to God and after 40 years of contemplating the name of God Moses asks God "What do I call you?" God replies with "Tell your people I am becoming"
Wow! Thanks, I'd not heard that; but it's a good one to remember. [I'd appreciate a citation for that; if convenient?]
===

Consciousness in all things reminds me of Bergson (1859 - 1941). Something he said about... becoming one with something to truely perceive it... I think.
I think the last quote most closely matches what I was looking for; but still, not quite.

http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Henri_Bergson/
"The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend."
~Henri Bergson quote
"There is no greater joy than of feeling oneself a creator. The triumph of life is expressed by creation."
~Henri Bergson quote

http://thinkexist.com/quotes/henri_bergson/
“Some other faculty than the intellect is necessary for the apprehension of reality.”
~Henri Bergson quote
“To perceive means to immobilize. We seize, in the act of perception, something which outruns perception itself.”
~Henri Bergson quote
“The essential function of the universe, which is a machine for making gods”
~Henri Bergson quote
“Spirit borrows from matter the perceptions on which it feeds and restores them to matter in the form of movements which it has stamped with its own freedom.”
~Henri Bergson quote
“When we make the cerebral state the beginning of an action, and in no sense the condition of a perception, we place the perceived images of things outside the image of our body, and thus replace perception within the things themselves.”
~Henri Bergson quote

I'm not even sure how to interpret that last quote, out of context, I think.

...or was that James; ...or Huxley, talking about becoming one with something, to experience the consciousness within that thing? ~K

smile