Originally Posted By: Ellis
The concept of god has to include immortality, never-ending and thus limitless--- otherwise that which is god-- corporeal or spiritual-- would have the ability to cease, or die. Which begs the question... can that which is defined as god die?
Just a reminder: Unitheism does not require that god be a person--a three dimensional being.

You say, "And since 'god' embodies perfection the thing or state or divinity that defines god cannot 'improve' either." Theists appear to believe this, and they have every right to do so.

If theism was the only option, my sense of reason and logic would force me to be an atheist. If there is a God who is supposed to be all powerful and all loving, there is no rational that I can imagine and believe that "He" allows all the pointless suffering pain, misery and death there is. Need I mention the thousands on people, including innocent children, who are victims of the disasters in Burma and China. No loving, personal and real God would allow this. To me, theism requires one to have a blind faith and no imagination.

My option is unitheism, or panentheism--GOD is in the process, with us.

BTW, have you read about them in Wikepedia? If so, I would welcome your critique. As a untheist I say that GOD is not perfect, yet. And we "children" of GOD, or GØD, are part of the process of helping this happen. Even the Bible (Paul) calls us "co-creators with God."

Have you checked out Process Theology and the work on Alfred North Whitehead?

Last edited by Revlgking; 05/24/08 11:20 AM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org