Originally Posted By: odin1
I saw something on "Monster Quest" a few weeks ago about the Russians under Stalin trying to create an "Ape Army" ........>The plan was to have a super army-to mix intelligence with brawn.

However, I believe she did get some flowers from the Ape, and remained friends for quite some time.

I'm serious!
about the proposed ape army
odin1

Originally Posted By: Mike Kremer

Well you might be serious, but that idea is more worthy of inclusion in a Comic Strip.....unless of course these Scottish genetic scientists were to produce a Man/Simian Humanzee.

If it was'nt for the fact that it was thought up in Scotland, where the first famous Dolly sheep was cloned,
plus the fact that they make it sound so easy.....impregnation only is required
I would'nt have given it another thought, let alone a mention.
big fat pig, got it exactly right when he asked...WHY?

If it is as easy as they say, I expect some one some where will try and produce a Humanzee.....just because it's possible?
But whether the result is published would very much depend upon the physical, and mental, attributes of this Humanzee.
I cannot see how cross breeding a human with a lesser intelligent ape could result in any benefit to us humans?
What if it were to increase the intellectual capacity of the ape?

Still the possibility of a smooth skinned, white, hairless ape being born would, I suspect give us all convulsions of horror.
Or visa-versa?
Its because we dont know, that some-one will try to find out.

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.