Originally Posted By: Anonymous
[/b]There ought to be come way the majority that wants fuel,............> We need some new refineries, and some atomic energy plants, and some low emission coal plants I say, shove them aside, and just do it. They don't have to use it, but I bet they will.

Originally Posted By: Mike Kremer

Even more importantly, the poor need cheap food.
There have been food riots due to food shortages. Hunger is producing food riots in many parts of the World right now. Bangladesh, Agentina India Kenya, Egypt, Ivory Coast, and other african countrys.

As far as I can see and read, its the increase in the price of oil that is getting all the blame? How come?
You can't blame higher transportation costs, can you? That would be ludicrous. Since at worst it would put just a few $'s more on a truck load. A few pence per bushel?

You can't blame the richer countrys for eating more food, can you? Haha.
Bad arguement, the rich dont eat more bread and rice, but go for the more exotic foods to eat.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5gjwsTPw8Hf7Ucvwr7YJfhmzcjaCg

At least she not afraid to speak her mind, bucking all the opposition...and here again:-

"GENEVA, Switzerland, April 28, 2008 (ENS) - The United States and the European Union have taken a "criminal path" by contributing to an explosive rise in global food prices through using food crops to produce biofuels, the United
Nations special rapporteur on the right to food said today."

Of course grain hoarding exacebates the problem, but you cant blame worried people for that.

In fact its very difficult to find any one putting even at least part of the blame on bio-fuels, which are produced largely from non edible plants, like Elephant grasses, Soya, sugar cane, and palm oil are all being grown to produce Ethanol.
Their growth is increasing. Why?
Well lets face it the farmer gets well paid for growing it, cutting it, and dragging it over to the site for the Ethanol Co to collect it.

The farmer does not have thresh, sort, clean, and inspect his crop any more.!!!!
Just grow it dump it and get paid, ....easy peasy, to my mind.

Absolute ideal and easier conditions for the farmer and well as those Goverments who blame global warming, and drought, and high oil prices
Well just wait, there has to be some changes made. I think bio-fuel crops will have to be regulated very soon.

Starving people will at least force the hand of a Goverment in saying what food crops should be grown.
They can do that, but the starving people have no say in increasing the output of crude oil, ....only cars seem to have that power.

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.