Originally Posted By: big fat pig
tbh, i used to call myself Christian... now i call myself a nihilist, there is no ultimate truth except that all is vanity, ultimately, on a cosmic scale, everything is meaningless and purposeless....
BFP, I presume you are a moral, ethical, loving--that is, charitable and kind--and humane being who lives by the Golden Rule. I also presume you desire to leave the world a better place than you found it. If so you, you would find yourself welcome at http://www.pathwayschurch.ca where I, a unitheist Christian, attend.

BTW, I presume you agree that nihilism is based on faith, like all dogmatic religions. Is there any evidence that life is meaningless?

With the help of all my senses, this I know: I am, and I am conscious that I exist within a magnificent and awesome physical universe, which appears to be expanding into infinity. It also appears that it will continue to do this for eternity.

BODY, MIND AND SPIRIT
Furthermore, because I feel that I am not just a physical object, but, with others, I have evolved into being a mental and a spiritual being, I have a strong desire to be, along with my fellow humane--and I mean humane--beings, part of this wonderful god-like experiment.

GROUNDED ON FAITH, HOPE AND LOVE
As a unitheist, other than my faith, hope and love, I have no evidence that what was, and is, will continue to be. But until nihilists come up with evidence that existence is meaningless I will continue to believe--and I see nothing but good will result in believing that existence is, and is meaningful.

We are one with all that is;
One with earth, moon, sun and galaxy.
We are one with the vast, expanding cosmos,
And all pervasive gravity.
If people will allow me, and though it may seem odd,
I like to give a name to all that is;
All goodness, order and design:
And the name I give is GØD. smile

Last edited by Revlgking; 04/27/08 12:53 PM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org