Hello Kremer,

It is interesting you brought this up. In the area I live in, about 70 miles from where I live an etheyl alcohol plant was to be built. The public voted the plant down, in other words it is not going to locate there now. The argument is a you mentioned the price of corn going up and raising the price of groceries. We had a Korean company that wanted to locate in our industrial park for bio-diesel which was made from soybeans, and it was my understanding a special type of soybean was only good for bio fuels. I live in an agricultural area and corn per bushel has really gone up, I believe it was running about $2.75 per bushel here for eons, not much change since the depression. Now, I know farmers that have sold corn last fall for well over $4.00 per bushel. And may I add the cost of seed and fertilizer have gone up also.

I am in the middle of the road on this, I can see your point which is the same argument here in the US. I was in favor of the bio-diesel and alcohol for economic reasons, we need the jobs, the farmers need the increased income and hopefully it would be a defining factor in the price of fuel and save some resources. It is a tough one to call. I really don't know enough about some of the 3rd world countries to sound off. But,
I would like to inject into this that the UN should put some of these 3rd world dictators and war lords on notice. I don't think the US should do it, I don't think England or Australia should do it or any of the Western countries. We all pay money to the UN and I feel that should be their job, to stabelize these countries to the extent they can. It is a complicated problem and I don't mean to try and simplify it, but the best place to start is the beginning. I am with you though, my heart goes out to these people.

take care
odin1