Quote:
Yes, religion has been the reason for many hideous wars and crimes.
Odin1 writes.

Odin1, it is my opinion that evil perpetrated by hypocrites--pretenders--is SIN at it most heinous. This is just one of the reasons I happen to feel that it is possible and only logical that life does not end at death is.

WITHOUT THE CONTINUITY OF LIFE THERE IS NO JUSTICE
=================================================
I have a strong feeling that, sometime in the future, I will have to give an account for what I did, or didn't do, with my life. Without this, life really is unfair and unjust, nothing more than a "tale told by an idiot, signifying nothing." (Shakespeare). It is a "...dirty trick." (Hemmingway).

Now, to be fair: We need to tally up the good that spiritually-minded and gracious people--religious and non-religious--have done.

BTW, my wife, Jean, and I belong to what we think of as an "un-organized" religion--skeptics, agnostics and atheists, welcome.

http://www.Pathwayschurch.ca

We meet, weekly, in an informal way. There is little or no ritual and/or doctrinaire teaching. As I understand it, there is only one rule: the Golden Rule. That is, we are asked, to the best of our abilities to love, be kind and serve one another.

Last edited by Revlgking; 04/23/08 10:09 PM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org