Originally Posted By: Anonymous
from: "A divisive film that draws people into a false debate" guy...
I couldn't find your post you were referring to but...
BE Sure to bookmark
http://www.scienceagogo.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm
and then explore each forum for the many topics....
And so I am reminded...
"A just cause needs no interpreting. It carries its own case. But the unjust argument, since it is sick, needs clever medicine."
Regards

It's always enjoyable to hear a physicist speak of Eastern Philosophy; The Tao of Physics, et al.
Thanks for sharing your balanced views on this, and the neat link.

http://speakingoffaith.publicradio.org/programs/heartsreason/unheardcuts.shtml
Speaking of "Multiple Paths" (opposing views).
Avoiding the name of the message (or label) and focus on the message (meaning ...dare I say, translation?).

...of "Universalities" (science and religion)
He comes close to saying that science is the first "world religion;" but acknowledges the backlash/dichotomizing perspectives come as a part of that.
"Science is as much Western, as the zero is Hindu."

& "Time" re: conversation with Paul Davies (Physicist, Astrobiologist)
...beyond time?
ever larger (and/or smaller) cycles of time; avoiding the origin problem. -my "translation."

...again, thanks for the new views. I especially liked your characterization of the spiritual/ dualistic vs. materialistic/ rational. Dualism does seem somehow inherently irrational, but I know nought of this.

...meanwhile....

I only hope Ben's movie doesn't provoke some over-reaction on the part of the scientific community; but rather an opportunity for both communities to increase the dialogue (with the 95% of reasonable people out there).

...or is it only 80%?

smile

p.s.
...and THANK YOU Ben Stein, for stimulating a wealth of wonderful, and educational, humour!

Biology classes around the US could engage more minds with the current You-Tube parodies, than through any other method.
IMHO

Pyrolysis creates reduced carbon! ...Time for the next step in our evolutionary symbiosis with fire.