Rallem wrote:
I have to disagree with you here, ... Women who are educated can still wish to have children but in nations where women are eduated they tend to be more prosperous, have a better health care system, and a much lower infant mortality rate, so that less children are needed, but in poorer nations one line of defense against a high infant mortality rate is to have lots of children.

That's exactly what I said. It takes a longish time but by educating women you establish a skill for them which is then useful to the society in which they live so they are employable and become taxpayers. They are then contributors to the actual wealth in their community, have greater independence and their society is able to provide welfare, education and support for the woman and her family, which is likely to be smaller then it would have been. In my opinion the most important thing that science has done for society is the discovery of the contraceptive pill, which allows women, for the first time ever, to control their fertility. Society is still trying to work it all out. Things have changed a lot.

Actually many modern men enjoy the equality of partnership possible with today's bright young women, and it is good to live in a time when the General's husband's attire may equally be the centre of discussion!