If I may be so bold:
I'd like to split this off from the original Topic with the best of intentions.

http://www.scienceagogo.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=25394#Post25394
Originally Posted By: COPY of original:
I am new to this post and cutting to the quick I would just like to say I believe the earth is warming up but I don't believe it is because we are burning fossil fuel. I surely don't believe that Al Gore is going to fix the problem either. Even if he did invent the internet. the earth goes through climatic changes in cycles, it always has. Even Mars is warming up, and we arent't burning any fossil fuels there, unless spirit is burning an enoumous amount of fuel instead of solar batteries. I read an interesting article today from a Russian scientist, in fact he published the paper saying that the Tunguska explosion in 1908 was a factor in the equation of global warming. I will be glad to look it back up and send a link if anyone wants it. I'm not saying I believe this, but I am saying eveyone wants to blame everything but the variation in tilt of the earth the wobbling effect, conditions inside the earth and normal changes in the general mechanics of the earth. I think the only thing sinsister here is government trying to take more money from you to pay for useless research and applying economic restrictions to further put this country in third world status. I respect everyones opinion and we should find better and cheaper sources of energy, but don't shut down the country because of a screaming profit of doom that is basing his hypothesis on only a few years of data that could be read either way.

Best Regards
Odin1

Welcome Odin1,
No time now, but I hope you'll stick around for some debate as well as scientific inquiry.
I also don't think emissions are our main problem right now, nor do I disregard the significant natural variations.
but I see a lot to disagree with in your statement above. smile

I'd love to see the Tunguska link you mention!

Looking forward to later....
~samwik

Pyrolysis creates reduced carbon! ...Time for the next step in our evolutionary symbiosis with fire.