....hmmmm. I ran across this (part of a) bibliography while reading some paper on "historical ecology."

Lehmann, J., Campos, C.V., Macedo, J.L.V., & German, L. (2003a). Sequential P fractionation and sources of P in Amazonian Dark Earths. In B. Glaser, & W.I. Woods (Eds.), Explorations in Amazonian Dark Earths (in press). Berlin: Springer.

Lehmann, J., Kern, D.C., German, L., McCann, J., Martins, G.C., & Moreira, A. (2003b). Soil fertility and production potential. In J. Lehmann, D.C. Kern, B. Glaser, W.I. Woods (Eds.), Amazonian Dark Earths: Origin, Properties, Management (pp. 105-124). The Netherlands: Kluwer Academic Publishers.

Now, the first entry refers to Sect.8 of the book I have on my Kindle.
But I think the book that I've seen referenced before (re: TP soils, ADE's) is described by the second entry.
Does this sound right?

Looks as if the "in press" version had its title updated a bit ("Explorations in Space and Time" does sound more snappy than Explorations in Amazonian Dark Earths).

p.s.
Section 15 is:
...by Christoph Steiner et al. (including, J. Lehmann),
Microbial Response to Charcoal Amendments of Highly Weathered Soils and Amazonian Dark Earths in Central Amazonia
mmmmmmm, yummmm. wink

Pyrolysis creates reduced carbon! ...Time for the next step in our evolutionary symbiosis with fire.