Originally Posted By: Canuck
Originally Posted By: Mike Kremer

I had a second shock when I read in the same article, that for the first time in recorded history an small American sailing boat had traversed The North West Passage from Nova Scotia to Alaska, using wind power alone.
The North West Passage has never ever been traversed unless it was by an Ice breaker. Wow, but thats not all.

First of all Mike, your link seems to be broken.

More importantly, this statement is simply false. Ellis posted a similar statement a few weeks ago.
Here's my response to Ellis, and it's the same to your post
http://www.scienceagogo.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=23477#Post23477

It's called the "Northwest Passage" for a reason.

No, my link dos'nt seem to be broken.....Not this side of the 'pond' anyway.
My suggestion is :- Dont fiddle with your mouse once you have clicked upon my link...and you will be able to read it.
http://environment.independent.co.uk/climate_change/article3021309.ece

When you do- You will find that my article places a number of findings into a single article....Notably, the fact that it was raining at the North Pole.....something that had'nt happened or was not noticed by the Scientists, until after Ellis wrote under the heading "The North West Passage".
There is no point in you mentioning that Peary tried to get thru the north west passage in 1902, or how many wooden ships went to an ice grave before that. Old data is not very valuable or even useful when new later data, comes along.

Another words my posting was an update upon the Artic Climate, as per recent findings by various American and Canadian scientists

While I am on 'update' and 'findings'...you have made it apparent that you believe global warming is not due to man, etc.

I suggest you are out on a limb with this one, backing the wrong horse shall we say.

Its of my opinion that for the purposes of local Climate, you should not be using old Data.
Some of the data that you use to back up your claim that climate change is not manmade,- is tens of years old, even hundreds

Climate = Mixing of the elements = atmosphere, gases, wind, pollution, water, cosmic rays, +or- Ions......or whatever you want to add into the mixture.
Its a bit like mixing chemicals up in a Laboratory, once the chemicals have 'changed colour', ...as in titration, it is virtually immpossible to get back to the original formulae.

You might be able to get some colour back, but the overall mix has changed forever. Which is why you must not continue to use old Data.

My suggestion is that you start anew, and use Modern data that goes back prehaps no more than 20 years. Then you will meet a majority of people that will welcome you, and you will be able to at least be at 'one' with them, and sleep better at night?

When the first oil tanker plys the NW passage, enroute to the East, and the tourists come waving their money, "what will poor Robin do then?" (Eighteenth century nursery rhyme)

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.