Originally Posted By: Blacknad
Originally Posted By: Revlgking
Now, tell us about this "Christianity" of yours, I am very interested. But first, read Matt. 7: "Judge not..." And I Corinthians 13--Paul's great poem on the meaning of agape/love.

Originally Posted By: Ellis
The aquisition of language and its use in communication are things that we take for granted and we really shouldn't.

[quote]Ellis asked whether "the aquisition of language is necessary to achieve what is described as meta-cognition?".

Originally Posted By: Blacknad
I havespoken about my Christianity in response to general criticisms here – but only in defence when people are attacking it. I am not shy of attacking the church myself. I think it is acceptable to respond if people bring up the subject in the first place. It is not acceptable to come here and do nothing but propagate it.

As for me reading the verses – I am familiar with them and do not need to be quoted at.................>

Blacknad.

Thank goodness for Ellis, he hit the'nail on the head' when he made the two quotes above, about the use of language.

What needs to be made clear is,...which language?

I cannot understand how anybody, and I am refering to Revking here...how can you have a proper logical discussion regarding
whether "Science is the Answer"....by adding quotations from an ancient Biblical language, into a modern English science format?

What is basically a two language mixture is causing language frustration where the final results are always less meaningful, with no clear final outcome, as an answer.

The ancient Hebrews or Babyloneans in using their language could discuss religion, warfare, food production and human living, all with perfection. (There are no swear words in the Bible)
Few, if any, could discuss the 'Sciences', which was probably filed under magic, or similar.

If you want to discuss only the sciences today, one would use German, and excellent technological language, or English, or even modern Hebrew. (In that order)
The Israelis realised long ago, that they could never compete in the modern world unless they updated the Hebrew language. They have been doing this on a daily basis continuously for over 50 years. Pick up a modern Hebrew dictionary, and check out the mathematic, chemical, technical words in it today. You would be surprised. They comprise over 70% of modern Hebrew words now.

Yes I know most of their technical papers are written in English, but even English borrows technical words from the German. Modern Hebrew borrows from both. Look up some of their scientific achievement sites. This is a simple one:-
http://wis-wander.weizmann.ac.il/site/HE/homepage.asp

Which is why I cannot understand how anyone can put over a scientific point by mixing ancient quotes from the Bible with a modern language, in trying to put over a scientific point.
It just dosn't work.
The language from the Bible is perfect for Religious discussion, not for Science

Last edited by Mike Kremer; 05/10/07 02:46 PM.

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.