"'Aen archae 'aen h'o logos..."
I like the 'logos' even better than 'word,' in terms of what I said above, about that phrase.

Anyway, I do understand how the language of religion provides lots of comfort, joy, "light and prosperity" to those who know the language.

My point in saying religion doesn't help communication (like science does) was in terms of communication between religions; between large groups or cultures even.

Science does have its problems (as when they input English measurements into a program designed for Metric - and loose a Mars probe).

Seen from the outside religions all seem to be saying the same thing, but each religion also seems to define other religions out of the picture. It's like many foreign languages; they may say the same thing, but usually everyone acts as if languages other than their own are just nonsense (or worse, anathematic).

On Topic,
I feel one of the main hinderances to Science being [more of] the Answer, is a similar problem.

Scientists talking to the general public is almost like two different religions trying to talk to one another.

A lifelong interest of mine (since college) was the problem of the chasm between sciences and humanities (in education); and bridging that chasm. In recent years, interest in the problems with the public's perception of science has evolved from that initial interest.

Language is a big part of that problem. Lately I've been toying with the idea of visiting churchs as a "guest lecturer," mainly to talk about climate change and stewardship (the new buzzword).
This thread has helped me see that I'd need to talk about science in general also (and evolution too; yikes!). smile

Thanks,
~~Samwik

Pyrolysis creates reduced carbon! ...Time for the next step in our evolutionary symbiosis with fire.