Not long ago, a group of scientists decided to attempt to work out whether the universe was flat, or spherical, ie whether if you traveled in a straight line from earth would you go on untill you met an end (this includes the infinite universe argument- the universe has no end), or would you go on around in a circle untill you aventually reached earth again. they resolved that for the universe to come upon itself into a sphere, it would need more gravity than to make itself flat. What they found amazed them the known (and predicted) universe didnt have enough gravity to keep itself even flat. using our understanding at the time the universe shouldnt exist. that is how we discovered dark-matter, the stuff that makes up most of our universe. so at this time it is widely exepted that the universe is flat. that is accepted fact. however i have a diferent hypothisis. the idea of the "edge of the universe" reminded far to much of christopher columbus. so i worked to see if i could find a way in which using our currant level of understanding the universe could be spherical. and here it is. we as a race have been outsmarted and awe struck by nature before so though this hypothesis is far fetched i belive that it is possible. we always under-estimate nature. read it before you dismiss it.

I belive that the whole universe as we understand it is not the whole universe. it is MUCH larger. if we were to go out in a high speed space craft (think u.f.o. here) we would find that we are a part of a large cluster of galaxies. then there is emptyness for a long time (it would take a mathmatical genious with all the facts and data a long time to work out how far bettween the "clusters" [hold on i will explain them in a minuit] would need to be.) but there are other clusters. other groups of galaxies. the space bettween them is total dark matter. that is why the "clusters" dont crash into each other- the dark matter pushes them away from each other.that would acount for the gravity needed to make the universe spherical. one other thing. in the middle of theise clusters is an exploded star. a bit wike a black hole in the middle of galaxies only bigger. it is a galaxy on its own. no stars revolve around it. when it groes to large and "eats" everything around it it reaches out for more. but canot hold its own wait. it becomes unstable. it then keeps itself alive for a bit longer by pulling the whole cluster into itself. its wait then becomes to heavy and without an energy source - having devoured all of its cluster (this could take a long time. ours might have been going for thousands of years, or maybe its always devouring and spitting out the leftover gases, which form new planets-thus constantly going) it implodes on itself. the element gases from this (for elements canot be destroyed- only modified into different pattens) then float and re-form. when they reform the cluster is slowly rebourn. this rebirth is a big bang. the big bang wasnt a single event but is hapening occasionaly in different parts of the universe. thus the universe is older than we think.

I appologise for any spelling mistakes. i am only a 14 year old boy who pays to much attention in science and thinks to much than is good for him. however my spelling isnt good so sorry. this is a breif introduction to my theory. there is more. i put it here for it to be evaluated by anyone who wants to read or attempt to disprove it. if you have any questions then iether add me to your msm messanger or send me an e-mail. my address is pagandude89@hotmail.com. i will reply as soon as i can..