I looked up The Inheritors, and it seems unrelated. But it did inspire me to start actually researching it. I found an Outer Limits episode guide and read through all the plot descriptions until I found Dark Rain:
Quote:
The value of the greatest of joys -- a healthy baby -- becomes evident after chemical warfare leaves humanity unable to produce normal offspring. Those rare couples like Sherry (RACHEL CRAWFORD) and Tim (DON FRANKLIN) who do conceive a normal child become the focus of intense government attention as desperate officials seek a cure. Held captive in a secret maternity hospital run by Dr. Royce (ALAN SCARFE), Tim and Sherry realize the panic-stricken government plans to make their beautiful new-born daughter a permanent ward of the state.

A little more research turned up a Wikipedia Article on it which revealed that the Outer Limits episode was based on the novel "The Children of Men". So it's not that the movie copied the Outer Limits, but rather that both used the same source material.

So, has anybody out there seen the Dark Rain episode of Outer Limits and this movie? If you've seen one is there any point in paying to see the other?

w