Originally Posted By: Count Iblis II
So, what is the P value for agreement with the observed average global trend of 0.6 ?C per century? Is that so low that one should reject the hypothesis that Australia is warming as fast as the rest of the world?

well the problem with 0.6 degrees per century as Rics pointed out in the earliest post in this section, and I ave clarified, is that working out whether temperatures have increased or decreased based on maximum or minimum temperatures, I believe, is not a great way of working at it. Better still is working out the same thing but at certain constant times, eg. midnight, 6am, 9pm etc. this obviously can be done, and I would gather that if australia was going to go with the trend of the rest of the world (in particular studies of the northern hemisphere) we would see an increase of 0.6 degree at all times. But keeping in mind that the temperature analysis of all places in the world, I believe, is not very statistically sound, mainly because it deals in minimum and maximum temperatures only.

I will look at the same analysis with certain times, but that is also based on the assumption that the world has increased by 0.6 degrees per century at each time of the day, something of which has not been proven, let alone tested.