This is the "not quite" forum so lets continue in this vein as I think it a near biological certainty.

Have you (the global "you") ever stopped and asked yourselves why some people are liberals and some conservatives? There is obviously no single group that is correct as were that the case the issue would have been resolved eons ago. And yet in every country, whether Maoist China or Stalinist Russia or the US or Singapore or Iran there are liberals and there are conservatives.

And the liberals are, in general, in agreement about leaving people alone to do whatever as long as no one is hurt and the conservatives are, in general, in agreement about enforcing their code upon their society. Now a US liberal and an Iranian liberal are hardly going to agree with the specifics ... but in general their attitudes are similar.

Are they hypocrites or just incapable of conscious thought processes where they see themselves in the context of their environment? Or both? I wonder. Sadly for, those of us in the US, history is going to write a very harsh judgement of the Bush administration and of the voters who put them into office. I don't know if Blair will fair as poorly. Though I do know more than a few fox hunters who'd like a go at him.

DA Morgan