What is needed is a grass roots effort. Change peoples' minds toward going green and the govenrmnet policies will follow. With more people buying green, less non-green products will be made as demand decreases. The key is to change people's minds and make them aware of what companies contribute to pollution.

And who are the stock holders? At least in Canada, much of our retirement plans (rrsp's) are all based on mutual funds. I don't know how much of the population has pension plans or rrsp's or resp's (education), but most people I know do. When corporations do well, that bodes well for our future and for seniors on a fixed income.

The policies are needed for government controlled industries. In Canada, that would include Hydro. At a minimum, it would be nice to have my Ontario Government upgrade the coal fired plants to high efficiency ones as they ramp up the creation of more green energy like windmills. Actually, it is the USA that is much further ahead as compared to Canada when it comes to upgrading infrastructure for the betterment of nature.

John M Reynolds