Quoting DA Morgan from the ?God & science? thread on Origins.

?We are the elephant. We are part of the universe. A part that is conscious of its own existence. And we are just desperately trying to comprehend our environment and our condition.?

DA: That was an excellent conclusion (along with Te's) for the G&s thread, but I just had to clarify my take on this analogy used on that thread. It seemed too off-topic over there, but is much more on-topic here (if not too picky).

*_*

?According to Bob, the elephant went through and floated along happily for eons until it turned into spaghetti.? ?from the NewScientist link above-

Just to clarify (although I?m sure we?re both partially wrong), I see it as if we are ?Bob? riding along with the elephant (the universe, or 4-D bubble) as it is sucked into the event horizon, floating happily along it?s trajectory (the anti-deSitter membrane) toward the singularity, stretching ?for eons until it [the universe/elephant] turned into spaghetti.?

Long live the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

Out in 8-space, Alice (God) is watching curiously, as we are, as you say, ?desperately trying to comprehend our environment and our condition.?

Long may we ride the FSM!
~Sam smile

Pyrolysis creates reduced carbon! ...Time for the next step in our evolutionary symbiosis with fire.