Dr R:

Thank you for the links,

My remark was an expression of my experience and not simply based on intuition. "Cause" as I vision it, is the reason something or some action takes place. A philosopher may wish to debate whether we have eyes so we can see or if
we have eyes because we can see. That is not productive for me and the reasons used to enlarge the discussion bore me to distraction.

One of the important questions, undecided for some of us, is why the Mass of an object will produce gravitation. That is mysterious to me but I would never say that it is without a cause; accept it! There is most certainly a cause
whether we know it or understand it or not. The next part of the question would be why does more Mass produce greater or stronger degree of
gravitation than is produced with a smaller object. We can infer easily that bulk equates to Mass but ponder the question of whether it is the surface area or the volume that is the cause of the difference, or that possibly both
may play a part. The point is that there must be a cause and if we stay with it we will discover the cause. Possibly too simple an approach.

On one of the space missions the astronauts observed a spider making a web in a corner of the capsule and they filmed it. It was doing it with out difficulty just like it would on earth. The astronauts were floating around the inside of the capsule like being weightless. The CAUSE, for this effect to me, was the relative Mass of the spider and the capsule. The spiders
relationship to the capsule was a close quivalent of a man to the Moon and he was still experiencing gravitation, now from the Mass of the capsule.

I am aware we may be looking at the same word with different interpretations. If this is so then this was a wasted effort. I do sincerely
believe there is a cause for everything giving us some thing to work on.
jjw