Trilobyte, Your comment:

"But, then again if mutations are involved and man is evolving in several different directions, which race is the most primitive?"

Who said anything about "evolution" being the same as "progress"? That's making the same assumptions that people made during the Industrial Revolution. They used to assume the ultimate in progress was European man. Do you still have this idea? Evolution is simply adaptation to the environment. Races are just a result of different adaptations forced on humans through living in different regions of ther earth.

Anyway as far as I know Adam and Eve's sons didn't have three wives so your problem remains.

I'll explain again how evolution works:

All religions are the result of much interbreeding of beliefs and selection or survival of the fittest. In fact they usually rapidly break up to form subspecies. Christianity has formed such subspecies as Orthodox, Catholic, Episcopalian, Jehovah's Witness, Anglican, Prebyterian, Baptist etc. Several subspecies such as Gnostics, Albigenses, Arians, etc. have even become extinct.

Christianity evolved from a mixture of Hebrew beliefs along with Egyptian and Greek ideas. We know Hebrew beliefs were already a hybrid because the Old Testament uses the Canaanite words "El" and plural "Elohim" for God and Gods as well as the Midianite "Yaweh".

Canaanite beliefs had evolved from a hybrid of Egyptian and Mesopotamian ideas. Zoroastrian beliefs from Persia also had a huge influence on Hebrew ideas as did Indo-European ideas transmitted by the Hittites and the Hyksos.

I hope this helps your understanding of evolution.