TwoSheds wrote:
"Religion utlimately is about living a good life and preparing for your death. If everyone thought of it in that sense there would be a lot less confusion."

Let me share with you my perspective. I think what you wrote is what the laity believe and they have consistently believed that because that is what they are taught to believe.

But if you look at those within the religious body's heirarchy what you see is self-annointed leaders who ask for money, control morality by fiat, threaten people with eternal damnation for disobedience, call any disagreement blasphemy (I'm not ignoring history here), and in many cases abuse the trust of their parishioners. Lets not be too quick to forget the role of religion in promoting racism in the US and other countries. Those in white churches were burning black churches when I was growing up.

But you are wrong to say I am anti-religion. I am anti-ism. I hate communism, fascism, nationalism, alcoholism, and I see it as just another way of the few controlling the many for personal profit.

DA Morgan