trilobytes utters a lie:
"TheFallibleFiend continues with the claim...they just do. "

Clearly I have not countered with the claim "they just do."

I've explained to you very carefully in other posts, but you refuse to read them carefully.

"But considering that you said there is an entire institute devoted to the investigation of these compplex adaptive systems...I have to assume for now your don't know. "

What you assume based on poor understanding, poor math skills, and even much poorer logical facility is not relevant.

"Once again your evolutionism is based on faith."

Your failure to understand baed solely on your refusal to do homework does not equate to faith on my part.

I can't use math to prove that drops of water that fall into a cup with eventually fill it. It's logic and physical reasoning that one uses for that. We have a mechanism for the accretion of mutations. That mechanism is called natural selection.

Biological evolution does not work on the level of individuals. It works on populations. Whenever there is a population of organisms, large or small, there is variation. Some of that variation is due to mutation. If those mutations confer no benefit in the environment in which they arise, then they have no effect. If they cause an imbalance, then a selection pressure is created. This pressure is very potent. Biologists have known this for a long time, but I didn't understand the power of it until I wrote my first evolutionary program.

The least little imbalance can cause a shift in a matter of a few generations. Note that these programs do not prove evolution, as they do not operate exactly as evolution does, but onlyl analogously. They do, however, give us some insights. You can visit the santa fe site for some information on that.

So now we have a mutation that is dominant in the community. It is important to realize at this point, that this new mutation doesn't necessarily cause all of the bearers of the original gene to die out. Even if that were possible, it would not be desirable. It is beneficial - even imperative - for the optimization of the population that some non-optimal individuals survive long enough to breed.

However, now that this new set of genes is dominant, the birth of every set of offspring brings yet another opportunity for genes to be altered. The alterations can happen in a number of ways. (In some micro-organisms there is also gene exchange between them. This helps to explain why viruses and bacteria can adapt so quickly.)

This population with the new dominant gene then acquires another mutation eventually that confers even more advantage - probably that mutation has nothing to do with the first one. There may be several beneficial mutations (and many bad ones) before another mutation occurs that would add some benefit to the first beneficial mutation - but over time, there is no reason to think that this would not permit the development of new organs any more than there is cause to doubt that drops added to a cup would eventually fill it.