when i was in-service, i had a parachuting accident. for the most part there was little permeate damage, only thing noticed at the time was a fracture in one of the x rays that could not be verified. years later it was discovered that that fracture had caused the bone (a small one) to heal at a slight angle. unfortunately there was also a major nerve running along it. the bone rubbed on the nerve until it damaged the sheath. i was told i would either have to have surgery to remove it one day, which would mean i would have limited mobility of that foot (it was small but important somehow) or i would lose the feeling in that part of the foot. since it was not an immediate threat, i held off until i had to make that decision, handling the pain and the occasional inability (short term) to walk with out a crouch. I reached a point where i was taking enough hydrocodiene that i should have been unconscious most of the time, yet it barely phased the pain. At that time i was referred to an alternative healing clinic run by a preacher. After she learned i was a Wiccan, she taught me the healing touch. shortly afterwords, the bone was "inexplicably" spontaneously reshaped. it no longer presses on that nerve and i will not have to have the surgery, ever. i have not used hydrocodiene since. scientifically, it would have required surgery of some type to change that bone, since it had healed and was not (according to the body) damaged. the doctors have yet to come up with an explanation, other than, "there are mechanics in the body we don't know of or understand." that to me is magic. maybe one day there will be an explanation. but for now, the only name is magic.

also, i too have occasional premonitions.

dissect it all you want. something exist that we cant explain.

Quote:
soilguy 07-06-2006 04:19
There's no magic. There's only stuff we don't know about.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
"you say 'toe ma (long a) toe', i say 'toe ma (short a) toe'

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.