Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
Rose asked:
"Please, explain why Christianity is a hoax?"

And having received the invitation, in a manner of speaking, I will respond.

The entire religion is based upon a real person but has its origins in events plagiarized from mythology. Take away two events ... the virgin birth and the resurrection ... and you have nothing but another David Koresh. A charismatic leader who inspried a group a disciples.

What makes Christianity among the worst of hoaxes is that it has by its nature inspired incredible amounts of hatred, war, and bloodshed while setting up the ultimate of hypocrisies ... claiming to be modeled on the "prince of peace."

The simple logical fact is that if Christian beliefs were correct and validated by the facts. That a sentient deity cloned itself, impregnated a woman, and then later suffered through a crucifixion as a voluntary act to cleanse the sould of mankind for its numerous sins. Then the deity is guilty of rape, of torture, and of a horribly cruel sense of reality. Well that an given the obvious failure of the act ... an inability to communicating a coherent thought to its own creations.

If an entity is so brain-dead that the only way it can cleanse souls is blood-sport it has a serious problem and needs psychotherapy.

Bet you're sorry you asked. ;-)
http://www.geocities.com/metacrock2000/Bible/Models_rev.htm

http://www.geocities.com/metagetics/Menues/DoxaJesus_menu2.html

Those claiming to be Christian and then doing the above in the name of Christianity is hypocritical of the teachings of Jesus. Therefore those who did those acts are not Christian. They talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

Lets not forget what atheism has done. Atheism turned out to have just as many frauds, psychopaths, and nut jobs as religion.

Don't forget Stalin and Madalyn Murray O'Hair, atheism seems to have ended up mimicking the Spanish Inquisition and the worst televangelists, with flying colors.

As for the failure of the act. I don't see how Jesus dying on the cross for mankinds sins is a failure. I suggest you take a look at the links above