Uncle Al, that was a great post:

http://www.theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4133&n=2

"Gravity?which is taught to our children as a law?is founded on great gaps in understanding. The laws predict the mutual force between all bodies of mass, but they cannot explain that force. Isaac Newton himself said, 'I suspect that my theories may all depend upon a force for which philosophers have searched all of nature in vain.' Of course, he is alluding to a higher power."

Rep: This was the first time I read some of the ?science? the deeply religious folks gave been offering. ?Things fall to Earth because God is pushing them down? If their God existed he should have better things to do- like educating those PhD?s and Doctorates.

Even so there is a lingering mystery related to the effects of gravity. It is not believed to be dependent on electromagnetic effects yet the only things we find with similar effects are magnetic and static attraction. I argue, to the annoyance of some, that the positions of the orbiting objects has nothing to do with mutual attraction of the objects and that the respective objects could be swapped around and the orbits would be unchanged. If the Mass of an object did equate to the attraction exerted then Jupiter, it would seem, could have been pulled much closer to the Sun than it is, or not, depending on other factors unrelated to just Mass.

Those Bible thumping educators must learn a different science from ours.
jjw