Jjw: We have an important point of departure here. The God of the Bible to which I refer is the Hebrew God of the Old Testament. Jesus arrives with the New Testament and did not claim to be God. He implied that he was the son of God, only.

Jim, I wish I had time to write more but I have a family that needs my attention. Your questions are good ones, and your conclusion about God appearing to demonstrate his lack of knowledge may seem obvious, but it fails to take certain things into account. I will post when I have time.

But as for your above comments:

Jesus continually claimed to be God.

"I and the Father are one."

"If you have seen me, you have seen the Father."

He claimed he was able to forgive people's sins. Not sins against him but sins they had committed upon others. Only the person who has been the target of sin has the right to forgive that sin. So why did Jesus think he had the right to forgive sin. Simply because all sin is committed also against God and He can forgive - Jesus and He are one.

The fact that people find it difficult to understand how they can be one, but distinct is not surprising. Why should we believe that our tiny, finite, temporal bound minds could hold such an idea?

Regards,

Blacknad.