Quote:
Originally posted by Count Iblis II:
God should come to Earth and should let an entire Galaxy at few billion lightyears away from Earth vanish before the eyes of scientists observing it with the most powerful telescopes.
Quote:
Originally posted by oneplanet:
Folks, if you don't believe in a God of miracles there is no chance you will believe the God of the Bible, who you may find to be the author of science and not the author of religion. Make a study of Job and Isaiah using the original texts and then come back and say that God is not the author of science.
Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
Actually rather simple to answer. I would need to see evidence of something that violated the laws of physics. Not a magic show. Not smoke and mirrors. Something that truly violated the laws of physics. Something as simple as causing polyethylene to melt into a puddle of liquid while sitting on a metal plate cooled with liquid nitrogen.
I personally like the Count Iblis II idea, a modified slighty Job, with Isaiah's oneplanet in mind. But not simply an entire Galaxy at few billion lightyears away from this Earth. Why that's only a few Stars for oneplanet, and much too distant for most to see. Besides, this site is Science a Go-Go, not Google a Google-Group, and there are many Stars everywhere, including the Sun, close by. I considered DA Morgan's idea, causing polyethylene to melt into a puddle of liquid while sitting on a metal plate cooled with liquid nitrogen. However, although simple to do, and fascinating for US scientists, it would be considered a pocket change vaudeville act to the sightful public at large. There are still many who doubt US astronauts ever went to Earth's moon, because they could not witness it tangibly with their own eyes. So when the Planning and Regulatory Panel is ready to begin, I the Spirit of truth (science), God the Holy Ghostwriter, will vanish before the eyes of scientists the Galaxies everywhere. Fear not. All a the Sun and the Stars will reappear after times and an half (Earth day and a half). Do not worry. This is just another day at the office, for me. Here then, is the red tape that is currently holding up my recharging of this Universe's (and this Earth's) magnetic field. On 26th July 2005 the Planning and Regulatory Panel of Salisbury District Council refused English Heritage's application for excavation and removal of A-344 road beside Heelstone:

http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/server/show/ConWebDoc.5437

English Heritage's application, approved by the Northern Area Committee of Salisbury District Council at its meeting of 19th July 2005, was refused by the Planning and Regulatory Panel of Salisbury District Council on 26th July 2005, because it did not provide for excavating and removing God the Holy Ghostwriter's Heelstone artifacts:

http://www.geocities.com/garrydenke

English Heritage was very surprised, and disappointed, by Salisbury District Council's decision, but they now know the grounds for refusal are ones which can easily be resolved when English Heritage submits the amended scheme providing for the excavation and removal of God the Holy Ghostwriter's Heelstone artifacts and A-344 road.

http://www.salisbury.gov.uk/council/contact

Count Iblis II idea, a modified slighty Job, with Isaiah's oneplanet in mind, the demonstration of vanishing galaxies before the eyes of scientists observing them (with telescopes), is waiting on Mike, of the Planning and Regulatory Panel of Salisbury District Council, to respond to my Yom Kippur 13th October 2005 "Good Job!" letter emailed.

Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:

I like rock.

And classical.

And jazz.

And ....
roll.