Rob,

It is good to hear your sensible measured tones after dealing with the bluster of Daniel Morgan.

You said:

I do not think you would describe atrocities, love, trust and basically everything a living thing can perform or experience as a mere product of ?neurons firing because of stimuli?.

REP: I am not sure if I got the gist of your question, but if I got it right I would answer by saying that I subscribe to the following belief:

1. Without a creator to inject something else into the process, I think that is exactly what they are ? everything a human does is a mere product of ?neurons firing because of stimuli? ? I do not believe there is free-will, but everything is pre-determined, and has stayed on the same inexorable course since that first moment when the universe came into being. What is more ? without a belief in a creator that makes sense of it all ? I have a nihilistic belief that it is complete lunacy to say that life or existence has any meaning. It is meaningless, purposeless, there is no goal, it is utterly absurd, there is no right or wrong and there is even no truth, because the whole concept is meaningless.

Someone said on this site, either Uncle Al or DA Morgan (I think) -

My only purpose is to convert oxygen into carbon dioxide, and the longer I can do that the better.

Well the question must be ? why the longer the better ? why at all?

Regards,

Blacknad.