BLACKNAD:

I am a member that signed on recently. I have not observed in the postings any specific attack on religion. Intelligent people know better than to attack a concept that is not based on repeatable factual testing in its origin. But I do wonder why people that may have a profound belief in religion want to confront others to exercise their beliefs. That, to me, suggests insecurity in their concepts but I will not seek to enlarge on that potential insecurity. I prefer to leave the issue dormant; any merit in it will eventually surface. I have read the bible closely while never attempting to memorize it. My interest was to some day write a book interpreting the apparent conflicts with God and Gods questionable un-god like behavior. I may still do it if I live some more.

Let?s go to the Big Bang. That is the scientific theory (one) for the origin of the universe. That is like saying matter always was and always will be. The theology buffs argue that God always was and always will be. Same stuff.

On a different science forum you are permitted to ask an expert any question about science (I forget which one) and some knowledgeable person provides an answer with in a few days. My QUESTION:

If a Black hole is a concentration of matter so extreme that not even light can escape how can we compress the entire universe into a little thing and still have the stuff escape? ANSWER: They are two different things.
I don?t doubt that - but what did he say?

Your answer is to leave your religion at home. We are not going to share.
Jim Wood