Chaos wrote:
"I was just stating that the ideas and practices of altering realities through meditation or drugs have been around for centuries longer then what you stated."

I'll not argue the fact that ignorant people have been doing stupid things for a very long time They have been committing rape since the dawn of time. That does not validate the practice.

Chaos wrote:
"For instance, we now have better means of birth control which lengths the lifespan of women almost automatically,...."

Please tell me your IQ is higher than this. I hate trying to debate someone whose IQ barely approaches room temperature. You can't find a medical journal to support such nonsense as one need only look at much of the third-world today, where life expectancies are low, to see the major cause of low life expectancy is infection and malnutrition.

But don't let facts stop you from marketing your belief system to the gulliable out here.

Chaos wrote:
"What I was trying to point out by using the term miraculous, which is used by ethno-botantists when they describe some of the cures they are finding,"

I was wrong above. Your IQ is not approaching room temperature. I was one of those Ethno-botanists and you would know that if you read what I wrote. All of the discoveres of modern medicine based on ethnobotany have been performed by those of us that are Western trained scientifically inclined, and capable of understanding the difference between a double-blind study and an anecdote. You are a fool.

Chaos wrote:
"Catholicism in it's desire to be the only religion has repressed and is still repressing ancient healing knoweldge"

It is not. This is pure nonsense. For all of its faults this is one area where the Catholic Church can not be faulted.

But go ahead ... prove arrogant science wrong. Cure malaria. Maybe with Cinchona Bark or bear fat or by chanting things you don't understand.

Chaos wrote:
"As you read more about holitic medical treatments that are becoming more popular because in many cases they are just as effective with less side effects"

What you posted is anecdotal idiocies. Not a double-blind study, not a statistical analysis, not a peer reviewed journal paper, and a lot of poor stupid people suffering for their ignorance.

You should be ashamed of yourself for being a hypocrite.

DA Morgan