Marc P wrote:
"Glad we're sticking to the issues and the science here!"

WE are ... just apologize for misquoting and move on. What you just did was attempt to point the finger away from your own error. And you've been caught.

Marp P wrote:
"I find the idea bewildering that this or that discovery in Science proves or disproves the existence of God. I've studied theology for over 6 years (liberal Catholic university) and nowhere in my studies did a single professor draw an opposition between the Bible or the creation stories of Genesis and what science has so far learnt."

How many Hail Mary's do you have to say, after 6 years in college, using the non-word 'learnt'?

That the priest's don't wish to point out that they are wrong should not surprise you: That is not what they are paid to do. They are not paid to help you find truth. They are not paid to acknowledge failures and failings. Bet they haven't spent a lot of time talking about the Catholic church's support of Nazi Germany either. Or the fact that they officially approved a South American rodent as a fish before they, Oops, decided Catholics no longer needed to eat fish on Friday. Or the fact that nearly 1/3 of all pope's have died by assassination.

I do not mean here is disparage your religion. You are entitled to your belief and I have respect for people that are truly trying to be good people. But you can not take an objective look at the history of your faith and believe its teachings. Even the version of the 10 Commandments you hold dear is different from that the Jews have. And given that (A) the Jews got it first and (B) it was written in their language ... you ought to be asking yourself what motivated your church to reword them. And did they get God's written permission to do so? Inquiring minds want to know.

DA Morgan