Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
Peter wrote:Au contraire. I don't give a rip what you or anyone else believes. What I do care about is brain washing children and committing immoral and unethical acts while hypocritically justifying them by claiming god supports the act.
what measure do you determine that something is immoral. simple religion of one type or another. morals are the standards that society teaches us to measure everything by. we use our own sense of ethics to decide to follow those codes or not. in some socieites things you've mentioned were considered normal moral behavior. in those, your arguements would be considered immoral. you see, youre as big a victum of 'brainwashing' as everyone else. some of the biggest monsters of our times had the moral code to understand that socieity did not agree with it. but their sense of ethics make them feel it was unimportant enough to follow that code.

Quote:
In the privacy of your own house you can be as smart or as stupid as you wish. Smoke tobacco or crack. Drink scotch or strychnine. Not my problem.
Just don't do unto others.
so you believe if an aithies does it in the confort of his home and does not get all hypocritically about it, its ok?

Quote:
In short I'd be happy to shut up about what's wrong with Christian faith-based nonsense if Christians would do us an equal courtesy and stop trying to market the product.
for the most part i can agree with that. their biggest problem is that they are not happy, unless everyone else is as miserable as they are.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.