Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
Count Iblis wrote:
"I assume that it was possible for the observer to have found himself in an atheistic world."

Disagree? There is not a single known example of an atheistic planet populated with sentient being anywhere in the universe. You have an invisible purple rhinoceros by another name.

I've no need to rewrite the wiki article. The fact that you don't understand when to use a hammer does not require redefinition of the screw driver.

ROFL!
There isn't a single example of a detection of a Higgs particle either. That doesn't mean that it is as likely to be detected as a purple rhino.

There is a lot of evidence for the existence of the Higgs, even though it hasn't been detected. Similarly, there is some evidence for an infinite universe, because of the success of inflation theory. The recent WMAP results are consistent with inflation. And if you had taken the time to listen to Alan Guth's talk (I posted the link a few postings back) you would have understood that Inflation generically implies an infinite universe.

And an infinite universe implies an infinite number of copies of any observer distributed over all possible situations. But not all these situations are as likely, of course.