Quote:
Originally posted by Philege:
I don't know what the fuss is all about. I am only trying to give my opinion. Why is it that if someone writes about atheism you keep quiet? Is that because you also prefer to be blind and not look to others for answers? I am only responding to the question and what others have written so why do you find what I say offensive.
Are you afraid to be convinced? I pointed out the fact about the moon and the sun because like I wrote before how could it be coincidental that the two cetestial objects appear the same size in the sky. This is because whatever created the moon and the sun in their respective positions did so deliberately not accidently. What about your your human body and it's wonders, you don't write anything about that accident? Also did you not read my notes about my premature son's birth and survival (Another accident I presume) these things happened to me and I would not lie to you. Do you presume I am someone who lives in a church that you refer to me as a 'religionist'. I found God when he revealed himself to me and he most certainly is not what religionists consider him to be. It was my hope that you could see another perspective. Not the frustration that religion can bring. Anyway this is my final post on this subject and I certainly know, that one day you will call out to God.
Now wait a minute. Aren't YOU writing about atheism? You can't understand why anyone would "embrace atheism?" I'm kind of new here, and have not seen anyone promote atheism over other beliefs. In fact, you're the only one who has asked me what my personal beliefs are. (In one of my first posts, incidentally, I responded to someone who claimed that something-or-other was evidence against God. I disagreed.)

I don't see why you think it's a problem for me to disagree with you and explain why I disagree with you. I have not been offended by anything you've said.

If everything is a result of cause and effect, it is conceivable that nothing is "coincidence." That doesn't mean that the sun and moon's apparent size when viewed from Earth was ordered by some mysterious supernatural entity.

The human body IS amazing, but it was clearly not designed from scratch to be what it is today. An engineer would be fired for designing the human eye the way it is, or for wrapping the prostate gland around the urethra.

I know you were hoping to make others see things from your point of view. Ridiculing other peoples' points of view, however, is not a good plan of action, IMO.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
--S. Lewis