Quote:
Originally posted by Philege:
I think you're wrong about that. See: Radiometric Dating, A Christian Perspective

You see they are discussing rocks, ofcourse there would be no change to outside surface rocks. I am writing about buried fossils, there is a big difference there. You know yourself how diamonds are formed by extreme pressure and what are diamonds made of.The molecular pattern is influenced by extreme pressure. So these fossilised remains atoms as I stated (I will try to find the material to support my claims) decay much more rapidly due to the pressure sustained over time. This has severely distorted carbon dating of fossilised remains whose dating due to the changes have become like rock.
Radioactive decay has been shown not to be affected by pressure, heat, the arrangment of other atoms in the molecule, or the state of electron orbitals. The article for which I provided a link explains that.

C14 dating is generally not done on fossils, because of the relatively short half-life of C14. C14 dating is completely unreliable beyond 50,000 years, and a number of archeologists won't even pay it much attention beyond about 35,000 years (according to the archeologists I've worked with). There are other known issues with it, including greater amounts of C14 in the atmosphere tens of thousands of years ago, and its failure to reliably date organic matter near the poles.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
--S. Lewis