"I said most religions, you only speak of Islam and Christianity"
-Philege

Patently, not true at all.

I wrote, "Fundamentalist movements have emerged around the world, from the Islamic Hamas and Hizbullah to the Catholic and Protestant paramilitaries of Northern Ireland, and from the Moral Majority and Christian Coalition of the United States to the Sikh radicals and Hindu nationalists of India." What part of Hindu nationalists did you not gather?

"Also the hurrican 'Katrina' see how everything descended into chaos, because people abandoned God, blaming him for the hurricane."
- Philege

What people blamed God? Most people in the U.S. blamed the state and federal governments for not putting in place viable levee systems in New Orleans. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4839696
http://www.boston.com/news/weather/articles/2005/09/07/bush_vows_probe_of_what_went_wrong/

What does God have to do with Katrina? My family was personally affected by this Hurricane, was yours?

p.s. As to President G.W. Bush; he is an idiot. Many, in the USA, wept when he was elected over John Kerry. I feel your frustration over what he has done and has failed to do. laugh

Also (in order to stay true to the topic of the post) "would an atheist world be a better one?".
This is a philosophical question that probably can not be answered. This implies that people of religion are crazy or that atheists are amoral. Before science there was only religion. To many, scientists, science IS a power that is Greater than God.
Most of the present dominant religions help to construct morality for society. This can be beneficial, if you ascribe to those morals. Would an absence of religion imply a society without morals? Not necessarily. But it might fuse society with amorality. Who knows?

In regards to is the U.S.A. and Russia being the world? Well according to many citizens, of those respective nations, yes. But so is Germany to Germans and Japan to the Japanese. So is New York to New Yorkers lol wink

Philege, I see that religion (used properly) is important to you. I agree; if this is your notion. Extremes of religion DO frighten me.
Religion ought to be applied with "caution".

Sincerely,

"My God, it's full of stars!" -2010