Member Philege:

That was a great story and I do believe every detail. I think that one reason some of us do not accept religion more deeply is because our belief in our own degree of intelligence is exaggerated and we are confronted with a Biblical God that behaves more human than God-like, and at times devil like. I do believe in a superior life form or a watcher, so to speak, but I pay no homage towards it.

For Member FF:

Possibly my use of the words ?pointless and boring? were unproductive. I do not see any day to day difference between those that ?believe? and those that do not. In terms of the significance of life, if there is any, I find that the mere coming and going makes character building and learning seem for naught. If out final destiny is surely dust then it makes the trip seem pointless. I never saw any dust worth looking up to and large headstones or massive art collections mean nothing at all to me. I like to think that while we can not take material things with us when the body turns to dust that there may be a place where our spirit will make use of what we have accomplished so we may get better at what counts to us. I really dislike exposing my views this way but I do enjoy the exchange of ideas.

Your life is not pointless and boring because you have us to entertain you.
Jim Wood