I find it funny that you consider atheism and the absence of a soul in humans? When you look at yourself, not the world just yourself, what do you see? Do you see something random and unorganized a pulsating lump of matter or do you see something perfectly designed, the billions of activities, reactions, chemical, electrical or otherwise. Do you see a head which contains a most marvelous biological machine that defies logic. What about dreams, imagination, thought, intelligence, they way we eat, piss and ****, so sytematic, so well designed, so mathematical, the calculations involved whenever we walk, talk, and reason. The marvel of the eye, a television created long before we could concieve it, the need for sleep so that our brains can process the information and store it. The digestive system, the renal system and the circulatory system. The entire body and its design can never be an unplanned thing. We were created, along with everything in the universe. It's a pity that our minds are so tiny that we make the mistake of not appreciating the wonder of our creation. No wonder mankind places no value in himself and the other creatures in this world and seeks day and night to destroy himself, because of these atheistic tendencies of thinking we evolved from a ball of ****. Concerning the bible, and such books, these are spiritually discerned. Closed minds can never understand the hidden message within those texts. I feel sorry for those who are atheist, for they are in for a surprise. Ask me why I believe in God and the 'soul' and I might tell you a thing or two which may change your point of view.