Well I can see where this is going...

an atheist world would we a little less complex and more rational with out the billions of people interpreting the 2000+ year old scripts differently there would be less fighting over who is right and less nut cases in general, in the time before advanced science it was used to hold society together the explain the unexplainable in the modern world that has shifted in the sciences' favour with many of the religious beliefs disproved, people are unsure if to ditch their faith and live under the rules of science and maybe go to "hell" or to believe in faith and try to get into "heaven"
there is always that "what if" seriously from what ive read hell isnt the best place to be for eternity..

for me I, until it is explained how it all started (something a little more solid then the shotty big bang theory) and until we figure out Consciousness

ill believe that in fact it all was **Started** by some supreme being, as corney as that sounds . . but I'm not going to believe that we came from Adam and eve, I mean it has been proven time and time again that it just isn?t true
For me the books have been translated and rewritten to many times to be accurate any more, I would choose logic over a translated 2000 year old book.