DA,

Well I presume that male nipples are a by-product of the evolutionary process - seems straightforward enough.
But if that were not the case - I know of guys who like having them played with or sucked (not by me of course smile ) So I suppose that if one did not accept evolution, it is not beyond the boundary of belief to think that male nipples were created as a sensual device, purely there for enjoyment. But I plump for the evolutionary vestige, especially as I find mine get a little sensitive and uncomfortable if anyone tries to play with them - hardly a pleasure device for me.

As for the existence of the AIDS virus, well this is more difficult.

I believe it is a direct consequence of the fall.

When we chose to go our own way, there was a severe consequence - we put emnity between ourselves and the natural world.

"Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat of it all the days of your life.
It will produce thorns and thistles for you, and you will eat the plants of the field."

It seems to me that like the laws of physics, there is a universal moral law. The ACTION was to choose a path contrary to God's advice, the REACTION was a complete breakdown in the relationship between humankind and this planet.

A breakdown that has reverberated throughout history and includes polio, and dying children and may culminate in us making this planet unfit for human life.
For me it goes some way to explaining why we as a species (evolved on this planet and presumably by all reasonable thinking, should be suited to it and able to co-exist within it) have such a destructive relationship with nature, including stripping it of forests at an outrageous rate, being implicated in the extinction of other species, and probably contributing to climate change that may prove fatal for us, and yet again for other species.

So for me, there are still more choices than the three you offered - I choose:

4. He has chosen to bear the cost of creating (by whatever method), sentient beings that have chosen to ignore him and do things their own way and making a right royal mess of his creation (that at one point he proclaimed as 'good'), whilst at the same time denying his existence because they cannot believe in a being that would create such a world.

I am talking about the grand scheme of things here and I am not belittling your or any other scientist's achievements in helping us to understand this world and undoing some of the damage done by the choices I believe we have made.

DA - I know that none of these answers will seem like anything other than nonsense to you, but I am sure you will forgive me for stating a sincerely held view - even if you do think it is madness.

Regards,

Blacknad.